These study resources are intended for anyone who is following the Cisco Network Academy curriculum for the DevNet Associate course. The Modules listed below match exactly to the modules in that course.
YYC Net Lab provides instructor-reviewed flashcards in the usual place.
The DevNet Associate Official Certification Guide is available from Cisco Press. An online digital edition is also available through O’Reilly Books Online.
Resources by Module
- The Bash reference manual.
- https://www.shellcheck.net/ – This will provide feedback on your shell script.
- https://explainshell.com/ – This will explain what is happening on a single line of bash.
- The BASH Challenge Lab. Complete this and send it to your instructor for review. Pro-tip: Pass your code through Shell Check (above) before submitting it.
- Regular Expression resources. Anything beyond the “Beginner” level is outside of the scope of this course and outside of the scope of the certification exam.
- (Beginner) https://learning.oreilly.com/library/view/mastering-regular-expressions/0596528124/
- (Beginner) https://alf.nu/RegexGolf [Bonus: related comic]
- (Intermediate) https://gregable.com/p/regexp-puzzle.html
- (Advanced) https://www.regular-expressions.info/lookaround.html
- RegEx Comic – Just for fun.
- The MIT Challenge: https://regexcrossword.com/playerpuzzles/8cbea27f-c4c5-4d11-a509-6a622ba01107
- CyrilEx Regex Tester Shows what’s happening with the RegEx as you type.
- vi (and vim, by extension). This is not required for the certification exam. The only POSIX full-screen editor is vi. If you spend time in Unix/Linux/BSD you should learn vi.
- Python – A solid understanding of Python 3 is required for this course and the certification exam.
2 The DevNet Developer Environment
3 Software Development and Design
- Git Cheat Sheet: https://education.github.com/git-cheat-sheet-education.pdf
- TDD / Unit tests: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Lfv5tUGsn8
4 Understanding and Using APIs
5 Network Fundamentals
6 Application Deployment and Security
- OWASP WebGoat – self-hosted interactive training to learn how to execute and mitigate the OWASP Top 10.